Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Last Stand Dan blog: Battle of Zorndorf, 1758

Last Stand Dan: Battle of Zorndorf, 1758

Thanks to Dan for doing a write up about this game on his blog.  Excellent game.  Thanks Matt for putting it on.  We used the Age of Honor scenario book which uses the Age of Eagles rules (based on Fire and Fury rules).  Fire and Fury is one of my favorite set of rules.  I wish I could use the rules for all sorts of games I want to do, but I find it just requires too many miniatures to be painted up.  That is really my only issue with the rules.

I do not know much about the Seven Years War and know just a bit about the French and Indian War.  I was impressed with how much cavalry there was at the Battle of Zorndorf and I guess in this period in Europe.  The battle felt very Napoleonic, but there was a great variety of troops.  The scenario was done using 15mm figures.  I prefer this scale over 25mm for these sized battles.  It just looks right.

I'm looking forward to more Seven Years War battles from Matt.

2 comments:

  1. A great looking game Eric, I've joined Dan's site too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good one. A good scenario to try out. The uniforms just looked great. I'm impressed at the detail even at 15mm. They were painted by a bunch of different people.

      Dan runs some good games himself, so I'm sure you'll see some interesting posts on his blog.

      Delete