Pages

Friday, September 29, 2017

Miniatures Storage Option

I was in a recent discussion regarding storage and gave me the idea to do a blog post about an option for storing miniatures.


We all struggle with amount of storage space we have and .  I have used tool boxes, plastic drawers and random left over boxes to store my miniatures.  I find these options are really inconsistent size wise or more pricey.  I discovered these cardboard laminated gift boxes from a store called The Container Store (in the U.S.) that were only $5 each.  I like them because they are very sturdy and easily stackable.  I really don't need drawers to constantly get at my miniatures or try to stack random box sizes together.

Content labels on the outside are certainly useful.
 
Inside box, left to right scales: 10mm (kneeling observer), 15mm, 25mm, 28mm
As you can see, the boxes are recommended for miniatures smaller than 28mm.
 
Here's the specs on these boxes I use:

Name: Medium Premium Box White
Size: 14-7/8" x 9-1/4" x 2" h
Price (2017): $4.99


I have not tried the larger box size (Large Premium Box White, 18-7/8" x 12" x 3" h) which might work better for 28mm, but it is definitely a larger box and costs $7.99.

I recommend these boxes or something similar to store your miniatures at home.  I don't really recommend them using them to transport the figures to games outside your home.  Maybe I'll blog about that in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment